Check & Refresh
We all make New Year’s resolutions but with everything else that goes on at the start of the year, they’re often hard to keep! So the start of the new financial year is a “second chance” to remind yourself to stop and reassess things. In terms of makeup resolutions, I advise my clients to check and refresh their makeup routine at least once a year, to avoid any makeup ruts!
Here are some suggestions to get you started:
- Foundation colour: when was the last time you had it matched? Does your skin colour change markedly with the seasons?
- Foundation texture: is your skin drier or oiler now we’re in winter? Perhaps you need to switch foundation formulas (eg. from a liquid to a cream etc.)
- Placement of blush and bronzer: it makes up a large proportion of our face yet so many people are unsure of the correct placement. Are you happy you’re doing it right?
- Liquid and cream products: they should last approximately 6-12 months provided they are kept in a cool, dry location. Are yours still within the use by limits?
- Hygiene of your makeup brushes and sponges: you wash your face once, perhaps twice a day, but how often do you wash your makeup brushes and sponges?
- Hygiene of your makeup bag: it stores and transports all your makeup goodies but when was the last time you changed or cleaned it?