The second Cetaphil cleanser
Cetaphil’s original Gentle Skin Cleanser has been one of my favourites for a long time. The only reason I don’t use it every day is because it doesn’t remove makeup as quickly as some other cleansers.
Recently Cetaphil added a second cleanser to their range, the Oily Skin Cleanser (pictured). After a few months of trialing it on and off, here are my findings when I compared the two:
- The Oily Cleanser removes makeup in half the time of the Gentle Cleanser. In just one cleanse it removes a light to medium application of makeup.
- Both formulas are low lathering but the Oily Cleanser dissolves makeup as soon as you apply it, removing the need for a face washer (an essential with the Gentle Cleanser).
- The Oily Cleanser has a detergent-like scent whereas the Gentle Cleanser is fragrance-free.
- The Gentle Cleanser can be used on a range of skin types from allergy-prone to dry, combination, acne prone to oily.
- The Oily Cleanser is strong. Normal, combination or moderately oily skin types will find it overly drying and may feel skin tightness. You need to have very oily skin to use this product over a long period of time.